- 1. TOMAR FAQ
- 1. I accidentally put power to ground. Is my TOMAR light polarity protected?More
Yes! We have you covered! Your TOMAR lighthead will automatically detect if power and ground get switched and shut off to protect itself.
- 2. Is the 4000 series STROBECOM II receiver compatible with the older receivers
- 3. Do the 2017+ Tahoe products work on my 2020 Tahoe?More
Yes! The 2017 products for the Tahoe are compatible for all model years through 2020.
- 4. I just ordered a lightbar, how long does it take to ship?More
Our corporate goal to get any product shipped is 14 days!
- 5. How do I get my iLED into programming mode?
- 6. How do I change the flash rate and pattern on the Scorpion?More
After you’ve entered programming mode with the desired mode wire combination, tap the appropriate pattern selector wire to scroll through the patterns. Adding the white wire to the pattern selection wire, will advance the rates.
- 7. There is moisture showing on the border of the Revolution Series R79, is this a problem?More
Not at all! Since most of the moisture getting into any lighthead comes from micro-cracks along the edge of the lens, we did something about that! We developed a vent/gutter system that protects the electronics of the lighthead and allows the moisture (or other elements) to flow around the protected part of the lighthead.
- 8. What size lightbar best fits on the most updated Tahoe body style?More
Good question! A 49” or 53” Scorpion will work.
- 9. Will my Scorpion lightbar preemption emitter work with my city’s intersections?More
There are two major types of preemption systems, TOMAR Strobecom and GTT Opticom. The preemption emitter in the Scorpion will work with both brands. It is important to check with your traffic or street department to find out what your city uses and relay that to your sales associate.
- 10. I am unable to program my Revolution light what am I missing?
- 11. Why does one of my lights look dimmer then the others?More
When programming the light you can go back to the default by holding the yellow wire but each time you do this it cycles between dim and bright mode. Reprogram the light using documentation to match this light with your others.
Note: Each specific lights documentation can be found on our shopping pages under the product information tabs.
- 12. Why does the rear of my Scorpion lightbar stop flashing when I go to code 2?
- 13. I programmed my lightbar but the program deletes itself when I connect it back to the vehicle. Why does this happen?More
If you see the bar flashing your preference it is saved, make sure that you are programming the correct wire combination for the mode connect to your vehicle ie: orange and blue for mode 2 and not just the blue. Any combination of the Orange, Blue, and White/Black wires can create another mode.
- 14. Why doesn't my gate open when emergency vehicles approach?More
Verify input voltage and output voltage to detectors. If good Verify with a strobeswitch tester 1760-14 that the system is functioning.
- 15. How do I get into programming mode on my iLED lights?More
Simple! Red and Yellow wire to (+) and black to ground. It’ll flash 3 times and you’ll know you were successful.
Refer to the programming documentation for more info:
NOTE: The iLED programming instructions written here are only for the primary flash pattern.