OSPOC Series Opticom Compatible Optical Signal Processors
*Includes: 1881 Card Cage & Wire Harness*
The Optical Signal Processor (OSP) receives the electrical signals from the optical preemption Detectors. While being received, the signals are processed to determine if the vehicle is a valid emergency or transit vehicle.
The OSP is connected directly to the preemption inputs of the traffic controller in the intersection in which it is installed. When a vehicle’s signal is accepted as valid, the OSP sends a preemption request to the proper input of the traffic controller.
The traffic controller then safely manipulates the traffic signals according to a pre-programmed algorithm. Depending on where the traffic controller was in its normal routine the vehicle will receive a “Green Light” after a minimum of 3 or more seconds. Traffic signals which are already green will stay green until the vehicle passes.
If multiple vehicles are being received, they are prioritized to determine which vehicle should be given the right of way. If vehicles are of equal priority, right of way is given on a first-come, first-served basis.
The model OSPOCx Family Optical Signal Processor (OSP) is the first OSP offered by TOMAR that receives and decodes *GTT OPTICOM-brand coded emitter signals. Installed inside the traffic cabinet, the OSPOCx Family provides power for, TOMAR DETOCxx and/or GTT OPTICOM 7xx Optical Detectors, receives, decodes and prioritizes signals from the detectors, logs preemption and priority control activity, communicates with other traffic control devices, and optically isolates the preemption channels.
The OSPOCx Family is delivered default programmed to respond on a first-come, first-served basis to optical signals from vehicles within two signal bands. Emergency band signals are typically emitted by emergency vehicles to effect a preemption of normal traffic control timing and are given the highest priority to allow rapid emergency response with enhanced safety. Transit band signals are generally emitted by transit or other non-emergency municipal vehicles to effect a priority change for the vehicle’s approach direction without necessarily interrupting traffic control timing. Up to 9,999 vehicles in each signal band can be individually identified.
The TOMAR OSPOCx Family Optical Signal Processor offers the following features and benefits:
- Plug-and-Play Firmware allows the ability to add accessories in the field without manual configuration. This allows you to buy only what is needed today and add more capability later, saving precious funds.
- Active Reflection Suppression prevents cross street preemption due to reflected emitter technology. Only TOMAR’s advanced, digital signal processing can eliminate this troublesome side effect making system installation and setup far less critical.
- Expansion Port provides easy connection of the OSPOCx Family to other accessory modules like green phase monitors, confirmation light drivers, and external preemption adapters for controllers that do not have internal preemption software.
- 9,999 vehicles per band and over 14,000 log records standard
- Built-in Ethernet port providing a full-featured TCP/IP stack, with enterprise grade security features, for configuration, diagnostics, and log information retrieval.
- Firmware upgradable remotely via Ethernet port for simple future feature additions
- Fully supports OSPsoft and OSPtrack3 software via Ethernet
- Universal AC input voltage
- Enhanced transient/lightning protection
- Short-circuit proof detector power
- Simplified front panel interface
- Compatible with GTT OPTICOM coded emitters with decode capability for all OPTICOM vehicle ID’s in all 10 classes for both command and advantage priorities
- Compatible with TOMAR coded emitters for both command and advantage priorities
- Compatible with all un-coded emitters, including GTT, TOMAR, and Whelen
- Supports Tomar DETOCxx and GTT OPTICOM 7xx Optical Detectors, including mixed systems utilizing both detector types
The OSPOCx Family OSP is compatible with NEMA TS-1, TS-2, and CA/NY 170, and 2070 controllers and meets all NEMA and CalTrans environmental requirements. The OSPOCx family osp plugs directly into a 170 input file without any additional hardware and does not use the internal 24VDC cabinet power. For NEMA cabinets without pre-wired preemption slots, the TOMAR model 1881 rack provides the necessary hardware and harnessing to allow simple connection to detector outputs and controller inputs.
The 1881 Card Cage provides all the necessary hardware and harnessing required to allow the simple wiring of the OSPOCx card to the detector outputs and controller inputs. The 1881 is equipped with two 60” long cables which are wired to the controller. The first cable carries all 115 VAC power wiring, safety ground, and card outputs. The second cable is terminated to a 12 point terminal block which is typically mounted in the wiring compartment of the cabinet. The detectors are then connected to the terminal block.
TRUE 10 YEAR WARRANTY!
Covers the OSPOCx Family OSP and all STROBECOM II components. Unlike other manufacturers, TOMAR’s 10-year warranty has NO fees or charges for warranty repairs after 5 years.
* OPTICOM and GTT are trademarks of Global Traffic Technologies, LLC and are not affiliated with Tomar Electronics, Inc. or its products.